Helping Tenants Be The Best They Can Be
The WHA continuously holds informational events and sessions to alert tenants to new educational and employment opportunities and services including:
* Open houses for local colleges and trade schools
* Job fair and local employment agency announcements
* Job skills training classes including computer training, resume writing and interviewing skills
* Free resume writing service
* Civil Service job announcements
* Free child care during training courses
Did You Know?
* Education and Job Skills classes are held at night to ensure that working tenants can also participate
* Many of our tenants are pursuing higher education at Educational Opportunity Centers where secretarial, nursing and business courses are offered, some attending college even master programs.
* The WHA hires several residents every year and train them in maintenance, janitorial services, child care and office skills
Tenant Volunteers and Summer Youth Employment
In addition to paid tenant employees, several residents volunteer their services to plant flowers, make deliveries, and supervise children in the After-School Program. Also, each summer the WHA hires approximately 25 youths to do general maintenance jobs, giving them early job experience and skills. WHA residents receive highest priority for consideration for these positions. Applications are available here.