Helping Tenants Be The Best They Can Be
The CHA continuously holds informational events and sessions to alert tenants to new educational and employment opportunities and services including:
* Open houses for local colleges and trade schools
* Job fair and local employment agency announcements
* Job skills training classes including computer training, resume writing and interviewing skills
* Free resume writing service
* Civil Service job announcements
* Free child care during training courses
Did You Know?
* Education and Job Skills classes are held at night to ensure that working tenants can also participate
* Many of our tenants are pursuing higher education at Educational Opportunity Centers where secretarial, nursing and business courses are offered, some attending college even master programs.
* The CHA hires several residents every year and train them in maintenance, janitorial services, and office skills